PALA+ , a program of the President's Challenge, promotes physical activity AND good nutrition, because it takes both to lead a healthy lifestyle. Start the six-week program to help you maintain or improve your health. It's a great way to help manage and reach your health goals.
ANNOUNCEMENT: On August 31, 2016, the programs that comprise the President’s Challenge underwent an organizational transition to better serve the American public. The PALA+ program will become a challenge on the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s SuperTracker – a free online tool for tracking daily food and physical activity. More details on this new partnership will be announced soon. Click here to see the official transition announcement for full information and frequently asked questions. The President's Challenge online tracker is now closed.
Existing PALA+ users:
- Please continue tracking on the Activity Log at the bottom of this page, presented in English and Spanish. Fill out what you have completed so far, and begin tracking all new physical activity and healthy eating goals! When you complete your PALA+, you can download the free certificate at the bottom of this page!
New PALA+ users:
- If you are new to PALA+, begin your journey to a healthier lifestyle by using our Activity Log at the bottom of this page, presented in English and Spanish. The paper log will remain available on this page throughout the transition and after the launch of PALA+ on SuperTracker. When you complete your PALA+, you can download the free certificate at the bottom of this page! To be notified when PALA+ re-launches on SuperTracker, please click here to sign up for the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition newsletter.
Participation in PALA+ is one way to get your recommended amount of daily activity and meet your healthy eating goals, from the Physical Activity Guidelines and 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines.
- Physical Activity
- A healthy life is an active life. The physical activity goals for PALA+ requires: youth (6-17 years old) need to be active at least 60 minutes a day (or 12,000 steps) and adults (ages 18 - 64) need to be active for 30 minutes a day (or 8,500 steps), for five days a week for six out of eight weeks. So take a walk with friends, bike ride after dinner, garden, or play a game of basketball at the park. Get your heart pumping and your muscles moving. When you've logged six weeks of physical activity, congratulations! You've started a regular routine for a more active lifestyle.
- Good Nutrition
- Start eating healthy. It's easier than you think! Take it one step at a time. The first week, you select and commit to one new healthy eating goal. The following week add a different goal – but make sure you continue to maintain your healthy eating goal(s) from the week(s) before. Focus on your healthy eating goals every week and remember, the more often you incorporate them into your lifestyle, the better you will feel. When you've achieved six different healthy eating goals, congratulations! You've started a routine for a healthier lifestyle.
- Earn Yours Today
- Start working on your PALA+ today and you'll be eligible to receive a free certificate signed by Council Co-chairs Drew Brees and Dominique Dawes!
Activity Logs & Award
- Note: The President's Challenge online tracker closed on August 31, 2016. Sign up for the President's Council newsletter to be informed when PALA+ re-launches online.
- Activity Log Form
- Use this hard copy log to track your progress. Once completed, download your certificate below! Or, if part of a group, make sure to return it to your group administrator to get recognized.
- Activity Log Form, en español
- Usa esta hoja de registro para anotar tus avances. Cuando la llenes, recibe su certificado al final de la página! Si formas parte de un grupo, entrégale la hoja de registro al administrador del grupo para recibir tu certificado.
- PALA+ Certificate
- Congratulations on earning your Presidential Active Lifestyle Award! Download your free certificate signed by Council Co-chairs Drew Brees and Dominique Dawes!