Launched in 2011, by First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden, Joining Forces is a comprehensive, national initiative to mobilize all sectors of society to give our service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned. With the President's Council, Joining Forces is expanding access to wellness programs and resources for service members and their families to lead healthier and more active lifestyles.
- The President's Council Teams Up with Joining Forces
- The President's Council has teamed up with Joining Forces to support military families by offering free personal training and gym memberships to the families of Reserve and National Guard service members during deployment. By combining personal training with time in the gym, service members and their families have the opportunity to use regular physical activity to combat stress and start living a healthy lifestyle. Learn more about this great opportunity by downloading the fact sheet.
- Joining Forces Overview
- Learn how you can help support our troops and their families with Joining Forces.
- The President's Council and Let's Move!
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the President's Council announce a new Joining Forces initiative to provide physical activity opportunities for deployed National Guard, Reservists, and their families.
- Learn more about our Joining Forces Partnerships
- President's Council Co-Chairs Dominique Dawes and Drew Brees discuss the partnership with the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA).
- Helping service members to Get Active
- President's Council is working with Joining Forces to provide active opportunities to National Guard and Reserve families.
Factsheets & Briefs
- Supporting Military Families: Joining Forces Factsheet
- Provides an overview of the work the President's Council is doing with Joining Forces to expand access to wellness programs and resources for service members and their families to lead healthier, more active lifestyles.
Related Associations & Organizations
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Find fitness professionals offering free personal training and instruction for military families on the ACE website .
- International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
- Find a participating club and view the details of IHRSA's offer for military families on the IHRSA website .
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP)
- YRRP is a Department of Defense-wide effort to promote the well-being of National Guard and Reserve members and those who support them by connecting them with resources throughout the deployment cycle. View the fact sheet or visit the website to learn more.
Other Resources for the Military Community
The President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition has compiled a list of resources for service members, veterans, and their families to receive information on programs related to physical activity and nutrition in their community.