Resolve to Get Fit in 2017 with Presidential Champions on SuperTracker!
A new year means a fresh start. It’s a new opportunity to reach for the goals you know will make you stronger – mentally and physically. This year, the Council’s Presidential Champions program is ready to take you from #0to60, keep you motivated, and on track to reach all of your physical activity goals. The program has a brand new look to celebrate the New Year and new features that allow you to earn your Presidential Champions awards on SuperTracker!
SuperTracker, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s free online food and activity tracking tool, has incorporated Presidential Champions as another way for Americans ages six and older to make regular physical activity a permanent part of a healthy, active lifestyle. Presidential Champions is now easily accessible to SuperTracker’s millions of users! With one simple tool you can set a foundation to help make your 2017 health goals a reality.
Participating in Presidential Champions is as easy as tracking your daily physical activity using the Physical Activity Tracker. You can search for your favorite physical activity or import your activity from your Fitbit. There are countless activities that you can choose – from archery and active gaming to yoga and Zumba, and many more in-between.
As you log activity in SuperTracker, you instantly earn points that lead to four different Presidential Champions award levels – bronze, silver, gold, or platinum. The program can be started at any time and does not end, so you can always pick up right where you left off. Presidential Champions can also be repeated after all awards have been earned, and since 2003 the most dedicated participants have earned as many as eight platinum awards!
To celebrate your achievements in Presidential Champions, the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition offers award and recognition items for reaching each Presidential Champions awards level. Visit the Foundation website to learn how to reward yourself, or recognize your friends, family, or coworkers for their commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
Presidential Champions is just one of many ways that the Council and our partners can help you stay on the path to a healthier 2017:
- SuperTracker also offers a robust and customizable food tracking and meal planning platform.
- #0to60 is a national public engagement campaign dedicated to inspiring Americans to accelerate their journey toward an active and healthy life. The 0to60fitness.org website and #0to60 App provide tips and resources to show individuals how to integrate regular physical activity and good nutrition into their everyday lives.
- Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+) is a six-week program designed to help you maintain or improve your health by learning about and setting weekly physical activity and healthy eating goals.
- I Can Do It, You Can Do It! (ICDI) is a program that facilitates and encourages opportunities for all Americans, regardless of ability, to lead a healthy lifestyle. ICDI utilizes PALA+ to provide children and adults with disabilities with the tools and encouragement to increase their physical activity and practice good nutrition.
The most important thing is to find what works for you. Browse Fitness.gov for great programs, tips, and resources to make 2017 your healthiest year yet!
Let us know when you earn your Presidential Champions awards by tagging us on Twitter @FitnessGov and using #0to60! Invite your friends, family, and social media followers to get started in Presidential Champions by using our sample messages below:
- New Year’s Resolution: Earn a #PresidentialChampions Platinum Award! Start off 2017 in an active way. Learn: http://bit.ly/2iaL8QQ #0to60
- Get active & go for the gold w/the #PresidentialChampions program, now on @MyPlate SuperTracker! http://bit.ly/2i0ZKPm #0to60
- @FitnessGov + @MyPlate = #PresidentialChampions. Sign up today on SuperTracker! http://bit.ly/2i0ZKPm #0to60