The President's Challenge Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Fitness Awards program is the long-standing program of the Council, administered through a co-sponsorship agreement with SHAPE America . The President's Challenge helps people of all ages and abilities improve their overall health and fitness through a suite of recognition programs.
ANNOUNCEMENT: On August 31, 2016, the programs that comprise the President’s Challenge will undergo an organizational transition to better serve the American public. New and existing partnerships will provide additional resources for these programs to improve their efficiency, accessibility, and physical activity and nutrition tracking options. The Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP), Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+), and Presidential Champions programs will continue in fall 2016, while the Adult Fitness Test will undergo a review to ensure it best serves the needs of the public. Click here to see the official announcement for full information and frequently asked questions. Sign up for the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition newsletter to receive the latest updates on the President's Challenge transition.
President's Challenge Programs
- Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- A comprehensive school-based program that promotes health and regular physical activity for America’s youth. This is a voluntary program that offers educators free access to a health-related assessment for youth fitness, professional development for meaningful implementation, and motivational recognition to empower students to adopt and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Adult Fitness Test
- Measures an adult's aerobic fitness, muscular strength, flexibility, and other aspects of health-related fitness. Use this test to see how fit you are by completing the testing activities, entering your data online, and receiving an evaluation. It's the jump start to a healthier you!
- PALA+ Challenge
- Motivational program for individuals and families who want to make physical activity and healthy eating part of their everyday lives. This challenge is for anyone, from kids to grandparents, who wants to live a more active and healthier lifestyle.
- Presidential Champions
- A program for people who want to be more active more often. Earn your champion award by logging activities and earning points as you do it. It's a great next step if you've completed your PALA+ challenge or for people who already get regular exercise.