The President's Challenge Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Fitness Awards program is the long-standing program of the Council, administered through a co-sponsorship agreement with SHAPE America . The President's Challenge helps people of all ages and abilities improve their overall health and fitness through a suite of recognition programs.
Take your support of the President's Challenge to the next level by becoming a President's Challenge Advocate . As a President's Challenge Advocate, you will join a variety of organizations and individuals committed to increasing participation in President's Challenge programs and encouraging people to stay active.
Get started by completing the online application or by contacting email@example.com .
President's Challenge Programs
Since its inception in the 1960s, the President's Challenge has grown to include fitness, physical activity, and healthy eating awards for youth, adults, and schools. The President's Challenge has recognized the fitness achievements of more than 50 million kids and teens and bestowed more than 1 million PALA, PALA+, and Presidential Champions awards in its more than 50 year history.
- Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- A comprehensive school-based program that promotes health and regular physical activity for America’s youth. This is a voluntary program that offers educators free access to a health-related assessment for youth fitness, professional development for meaningful implementation, and motivational recognition to empower students to adopt and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Adult Fitness Test
- Measures an adult's aerobic fitness, muscular strength, flexibility, and other aspects of health-related fitness. Use this test to see how fit you are by completing the testing activities, entering your data online, and receiving an evaluation. It's the jump start to a healthier you!
- PALA+ Challenge
- Motivational program for individuals and families who want to make physical activity and healthy eating part of their everyday lives. This challenge is for anyone, from kids to grandparents, who wants to live a more active and healthier lifestyle.
- Presidential Champions
- A program for people who want to be more active more often. Earn your champion award by logging activities and earning points as you do it. It's a great next step if you've completed your PALA+ challenge or for people who already get regular exercise.