Let's Move! is a comprehensive initiative, launched by First Lady Michelle Obama, dedicated to solving the problem of childhood obesity within a generation so that kids born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams. This is an ambitious goal, but it can be done. The President's Council supports Let's Move! through outreach, events, and partnerships.
- Let's Move! Active Schools
- A comprehensive program that empowers school champions (P.E. teachers, classroom teachers, principals, administrators, and parents) to create active environments that enable all students to get moving and reach their full potential.
- Let's Move! Cities, Towns and Counties
- No city, town, or county is the same, and each one needs its own approach for solving obesity.
- Chefs Move to Schools
- Matches chefs with school districts to help schools improve health and nutrition.
- Let's Move! Faith and Communities
- Helps faith-based and neighborhood organizations promote healthy living for children and communities.
- Let's Move! Outside
- Take advantage of America's great outdoor spaces - which abound in every city, town and community.
- Let's Move! Museums and Gardens
- Provides opportunities to learn about healthy food choices and physical activity through interactive exhibits.
- Let's Move! in Indian Country
- Supports the work that Tribal leaders and community members are already doing to improve the health of American Indian and Alaskan Native children.
- Let's Move! Child Care
- Make a commitment to start instituting healthy choices in your center or program today.
- Let's Move! Salad Bars to Schools
- Invites schools, community leaders, and parents to bring salad bars to school cafeterias so that children have the choice of healthy fruits and vegetables every day at school.