The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) began the rollout of updated nutrition standards for the School Breakfast Program at the start of the 2013-14 school year. In recognition of the important role breakfast plays in every child’s day, the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition (PCFSN) is highlighting the many benefits of eating a school breakfast as part of its back to school campaign. Together, we are coordinating efforts to ensure that the message reaches as many parents, students, school officials, and community leaders as possible. We cannot accomplish this task alone and invite you to learn more about our recent activities and see where they might complement your own.
Please join us in a webinar session on Thursday, September 12th, at 2:00pm EDT for an overview of the promotional efforts we are launching in support of the School Breakfast Program for school year 2013-14. PCFSN will share details on how it will incorporate the School Breakfast Program into its overarching back to school message (including its collaborative efforts with USDA/FNS), and USDA/FNS will provide a walkthrough of its updated “Energize Your Day with School Breakfast!” Toolkit, an exciting set of digital resources designed to help schools establish or expand their breakfast programs.
Connect to the webinar by using the log in information below:
To join the audio:
- Call the toll-free number (from your telephone, audio is not available over the computer): 1-800-988-0278
- When prompted, enter the participant pass code: 6668750#
- Please plan to connect 5-15 minutes early to ensure you are connected on time, the meeting will begin promptly.
To join the livemeeting webinar:
- Click on (or copy and paste) this link to join the meeting: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usda/join?id=JRT8FB&role=attend
- You will be prompted to type in your name, email, and organization. Once you hit “continue” you will be joined with the meeting.
- Please plan to connect 5-15 minutes early to ensure you are connected on time, the meeting will begin promptly at 2:00PM ET.
- If you are asked for a Meeting ID and Entry Code, the Meeting ID is JRT8FB, please leave Entry Code blank (not required).
We look forward to having you join us to learn more about expanding access to healthy breakfasts in school!
For technical information relating to the webinar contact:
USDA, FNS, Program Assistant